Founded by gipsy musicians, the ensemble’s gift and their key to success is the inherited traditions of centuries old gipsy art. Their work’s based on the tradition and the heritage of old, allows us to rightfully call them world famous. The exceptional professional skills of the Hungaria are due to the special educational method that concentrates on preserving their natural attitude for improvisation an essential precondition of virtuosity.
The Rajkó Orchestra performs in lots of different formations, the fifty strong main orchestra and the six to eight splinter chamber groups are equally celebrated by guest on the world’s most prestigious stages. They are also adept at accompanying well known soloists and dance ensembles. The incredible range of their repertoire covers many genres from classical to folk music, and from operettas to gipsy music, of course.
An equally high reputation has also been gained by the Rajkó Folk Ensemble. This group of 60 fiery performers owes its current status to decades of hard work of their predecessors. They specialise in Hungarian folk dance but are equally able to perform operettes, ballet, and modern dance. The high professional attainment of the dancers is largely due to eight to ten years of intense training which begins at a very early age. They are true professionals dedicated to achieving the highest of standards.
|I. cat.||II. cat.||III. cat.||VIP cat.|
Assigned seating. You will be assigned the best seats available in the chosen category at the time of purchase.
1. Berzsenyi-Mészáros: Palóc Dance /dancers/
2. Brahms: Hungarian Dance No. 5 /orchestra/
3. Monti: Chardas /orchestra/
4. Berzsenyi-Mészáros: Dance from Rábaköz /dancers/
5. Reményi: Fly, my little swallow /orchestra/
6. Liszt: II. Hungarian Rhapsody /orchestra/
7. Berzsenyi-Mészáros: Rythmplay in Méhkerék /dancers/
8. Berzsenyi-Mészáros: Dance from Kalocsa /dancers/
9. Farkas: Gypsy Fantasy /orchestra/
10. Hacsaturján: Sword Dance /orchestra/
11. Szirmai-Farkas: Woman Bottle Dance /dancers/
12. Rábai-Csenki: Four Man Dance from Transilvanya /dancers/
13. Virtuoso Cimbalom solo /orchestra/
14. Dinicu: Lark /orchestra/
15. Berzsenyi-Horváth-Mészáros: Gypsy Dance /dancers/
Each concert starts at 20:00 and consists of two 40-45 minutes long parts with an intermission in between. We offer seats in three categories, the price of the seat depends on its location in the theatre hall. We always assing the best seats possible at the time of your purchase, if you do not have a specificly preferred seat in your chosen category.
We are now offering pick-up and drop-off services for our evening folklore shows!
Our chauffeur will take you directly to the concert hall, after the concert we’ll take you back to your accommodation.
We kindly ask you, to check in at your receptionist one hour prior to you concert start, to help us find you!
(check in from 19:00 o’clock – at the reception for the pick-up)
- Meeting time is 19:30 at the selected venue